Chef Mike’s Pot Roast
Fight the icy cold of a bitter northeast winter with this juicy, hearty recipe created by our talented Chef Mike in Portland, CT. A simple yet scrumptious dinner for the whole family to savor, pop it in a pot and let that bad boy simmer to tender perfection.
What you need:
- Chuck Roast (5-7 lbs)
- 1 cup diced Carrots
- 1 cup diced Onions (white or yellow)
- 1 cup diced Celery
- 1 cup diced Red Potato
- 8 oz Tomato Paste
- 2 quarts Beef Broth
- Salt & Pepper
How to say, “yummm”:
- Sear the meat in a pot with salt & pepper on all sides, then remove.
- Sauté in the same pot: carrots, celery, onion, potatoes until softened.
- Deglaze pan with Beef Broth, then return meat to the pan.
- Mix in tomato paste.
- Bring everything to a boil then simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Grab a dish, sit back and let yourself defrost into delicious comfort.